Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I've done a lot of painting this year that I haven't posted, that I'd like to, and before 2012 is over. I just finished my paintings for the December show at Red Raven, as well as a painting my friend Lisa Bowman commisioned me to do, so I'm in between projects. I need some new brushes as well as gesso before I get started on the next batch, so today I'm going to post things I haven't yet. This painting is one of two I did last spring. They are an ode to my daughter Dominique's 7 to 10 year old self. She created a world she called Faren Verdia, where live Elves, Fairies and Dwarves, as well as these creatures called Willow Sprites. She wrote a few books about this world, with these Willow Sprites as the main caracters. I've long wanted to paint about these people of the wood called Willow Sprites, that came out of her imagination. I used her as my model, as well as the woods behind our house. Her younger brother Trevor wants me to use him in a painting to. I've promised him I would. I entered this one in a juried show near home, and it got the People's Choice Award. The Juror picked one of my abstract landscapes to award.

No comments:

Post a Comment