Thursday, November 12, 2009

Some examples of commissioned work I have done


















People often ask me to paint or draw something for them. I am happy to help people realize their vision by using my skills as an artist. Here are some examples of paintings people have asked me to paint. There is quite a variety, from painting someone's favorite camping spot or some other scene from a photo that they give me, to painting a copy of a Van Gogh or some other artist. I have painted several copies of Van Gogh paintings for my brother who has a passion for them. I write on the back something like, "Copy of 'Potatoe Eaters' by Van Gogh painted by Katheryn Stott Buxton". There are a lot of landscapes here, but I don't consider myself primarily a landscape artist. Any photo someone would like to have in paint I could do. I could reproduce figures, architcture, anything. I have also told my clients they are not obligated to buy the painting they commissioned me to paint if they don't like it once it's done. I would send a picture of the finished piece for approval first. Then once the payment has been made I will ship the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment