Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Here are two interpretive paintings I did this summer using the aspen covered mountains as my language. There are just so many different terrains out there, you know? I just thout of an analogy...when you're in a big city, and I'm thinking of New York City because I've spent a lot of time there....one neigborhood is all Italian with Italian looking people and lots of pizza restuarants and such, and the next one over is a Hasidic Jewish community where there are lots of people wearing black and long beards, and some amazing bagel restuarants, and then another is all Latin, and well, you get the idea. Out west you coud be in an aspen grove and then drive two hours and its a whole different visual language...different colors and textures...diferent shapes and sizes of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment